We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how HiMedia Laboratories Private Limited and Higronics (collectively "HiMedia") collect and process your personal information through HiMedia/Higronics websites, devices, products, services, online marketplace and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together "HiMedia Services").
By using HiMedia Services you agree to our use of your personal information (including sensitive personal information) in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as may be amended from time to time by us at our discretion. You also agree and consent to us collecting, storing, processing, transferring, and sharing your personal information (including sensitive personal information) with third parties or service providers for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Personal information subject to this Privacy Notice will be collected and retained by HiMedia, with a registered office at A-516, Swastik Disha Business Park, Via Vadhani Indl Est, LBS Marg, Ghatkopar-West, Mumbai 400 086, India.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does HiMedia Collect?
- For What Purposes Does HiMedia Use Your Personal Information?
- What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Does HiMedia Share Your Personal Information?
- How Secure is Information About Me?
- What About Advertising?
- What Information can I Access?
- Are Children Allowed to Use HiMedia Services?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does HiMedia Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to HiMedia Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our HiMedia Services.
For What Purposes Does HiMedia Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and fulfil orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve HiMedia Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the HiMedia Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with HiMedia Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to HiMedia Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, HiMedia, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does HiMedia Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that HiMedia Laboratories Private Limited, Higronics or any of its affiliates, or substantially all of their assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of HiMedia and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of HiMedia, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling payment card data. (xxx please check if this is applicable to Higronics too? Do we need a certificate?)
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: HiMedia Services may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by HiMedia Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
HiMedia has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that HiMedia Laboratories shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
Are Children Allowed to Use HiMedia Services?
HiMedia does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell student kits for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may use HiMedia Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use HiMedia Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the prevailing law in India. If you have any concern about privacy at HiMedia, please contact us at email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change too. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use HiMedia Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our online store;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use HiMedia Services;
- download, surf, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when buying from us) or Your Profile;
- upload your contacts, including access to mobile device contacts for certain services;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or an enquiry form;
- provide and rate Reviews;
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- credit history information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically synchronize them
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, including information about your internet service provider;
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images when you shop in our online store using HiMedia Services.
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising or other services;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through HiMedia Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment method information);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- shopping lists and gift registries
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);